Sardinia is a dream destination. In this post, we will give you some insider’s tips on how to get to the most beautiful beaches on the Chia coast. You should know that all these Sardinian-named beaches are absolute gems that you should visit at least once because of their beautiful dunes and their tranquil, limpid, crystalline waters.
Where is Chia and how to get there
Chia is one of the most sought-after destinations in Sardinia. It is located on the Southwest coast of the island, about 45 minutes from Cagliari Elmas airport. Getting there is easier than it sounds: take Road 195 through Teulada and then the exit after Santa Margherita di Pula.
Chia Coast in Sardinia: what to see
Chia is fascinating, colourful, enveloped in the scent of the Mediterranean maquis, wild and magical, as is its surrounding area. If, like us, you are passionate about exploring, you will be endlessly delighted. One of the most frequently asked questions is: what can you see on the Chia coast in Sardinia? There are so many beaches, one after another, but there are also unspoilt coves, cliffs and towers affording breathtaking views. To enjoy these views, we suggest going to the old 1864 lighthouse at Capo Spartivento, which is now a luxurious 5-star hotel.
But we also have another card up our sleeve: you will be able to see the Chia and Capo Spartivento ponds, inhabited by gorgeous pink flamingos. This is the real Sardinia, and you will fall in love with her.
The best beaches on the Chia coast that you should go to at least once in your life
Are you wondering what the best Chia beaches are? You really shouldn’t miss these 5 coves that we have discovered and have surprised us the most:
- Su Giudeu
- Sa Colonia
- Porto Campana
- Cala Cipolla (do not underestimate the wind, because it gets very strong)
- Cala del Morto
These beaches, in addition to being large (with the exception of Cala del Morto, which is ideal for couples), share something that makes them unique: their golden sands. Of course, the sea is pretty dreamy too. Discover the 7 most beautiful beaches in South Sardinia, where you will feel you are in the Caribbean!
Su Giudeu, Chia dunes in Sardinia
Do you know that Chia is also famous for its extremely high natural dunes? Su Giudeu beach is a natural heaven with dunes of the finest sand. To reach it, you will have to cross as very long wooden walkway. When you cross it, you will be able to see the vast expanse of sand on either side. Walking on the dunes is forbidden: the area is protected, fenced off by rope and wooden barriers.
The water is crystal-clear, and the bottom is several metres deep. If the sea is calm, you will even be able to easily swim to the islet! Not bad, right? There’s beach with several food outlets. The only downside is the (large) parking area, which you must pay for as in all the other beaches we have listed.
Tuerredda, pure magic
But which is the most beautiful beach in Sardinia? That would be Tuerredda, near Chia: with super-fine sand and amazing sea colours, it is a stunning spot surrounded by unspoilt nature. Why travel to the other side of the world when all the magic is concentrated in Tuerredda? We almost forgot: Cala de Sa Perda Longa, a wonderful natural pool with amazing colours, is very near. As you can see, the Chia Coast has so many gems to discover and see!
Here are some tips to make the most of your trip:
- The seabed is amazing, particularly in Tuerredda, so bring with you your snorkelling mask and tube. You won’t regret it!
- Don’t forget to bring your sandals in your bag to climb the rocks.
- Moving between beaches is free – there are so many beaches you can discover taking short and long walks, for example following the old Roman road to Chia.
- An old Spanish tower overlooks every cove. If you want to admire a gorgeous sunset, go up to Capo Malfatano tower (which can be visited from the outside only).
- Have you heard about fishing tourism in Sardinia? It involves spending a day on a fishing boat with expert fishermen. It’s an unusual, unforgettable experience. Pescaturismo, at Santa Croce 2 in Teulada, arranges boat trips to discover the most beautiful coves in the area, like s’Ottixeddu, Spiaggia degli Americani, Cala Zafferano, and Porto Scudo.
- If you can’t spend a day on the beach because the mistral blows so strong (usually for 3 days only, but sometimes for a week), take the car and visit Pula, a typical Sardinian town.
If you think Chia is the ideal destination for your next trip to Sardinia, just book a flight with Volotea. Have we persuaded you?